Sunday, March 17, 2013

A work in progress

I will be coming up on the half way mark of my time abroad pretty soon and it is so mind blowing to realize how the time is literally speeding by. That can be a scary thought too because I am realizing more and more that the idea of study abroad brings so many expectations to mind. I feel like I am up against this ticking clock of a deadline by which I must return to the states having completely perfected my spanish, grown tremendously in my relationship with God, and having learned all of these new things that will completely change me by the time I step foot back onto Seattle soil. And though some of these expectations definitely do have valid points and progressing results, it will probably not look as I had expected it to...

I am and always will be "a work in progress."

God has been teaching me that it is ok to to be ok with wherever I am at in the moment. How else will I fully be able to soak up this incredible experience if I am constantly thinking about where I should and want to be? I am most definitely here for a reason and God knows exactly what He is doing in my life even if I won't be able to see what that is until way down the road...and that is perfectly ok.


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment