Thursday, April 11, 2013

La Vida Está Hecha de Pequeños Momentos

"Life is made up of the little moments."
I took this picture outside of a restaurant one of the very first nights I was in Sevilla, and it holds true even today. I know I blog a lot about my travels outside of Spain because there have been a lot of them, all holding amazing experiences but there have also been some wonderful, everyday small moments that make up my life here in Sevilla as well that deserve to be shared and remembered for years to come.

For example, this past weekend my señora was visiting her sister in Madrid and my roommate was traveling with her parents that were traveling. And so, it was just me and Walter all weekend at home. I had so much fun getting to know my señor even more by asking lots of questions to fill up the awkward silences that normally are always filled by my señora, "chatty Chari" as my roommate and I like to call her. AND! he is quite the chef and made me some amazing food, including dutch pancakes one night for dinner. My roommate came home that night while we were talking and laughing at the kitchen table and in his broken english he said, "yes, we make good friendship,"regarding our weekend together. He reminds me a lot of my really sweet and funny grandpa back home and it will definitely be hard to say goodbye in a month.


Watching Alicia show off her incredible talent!
Another special moment happened a few weeks ago when my roommate and I, who are both the youngest siblings in our families got to play the roles of "big sisters" for our señora's 12 year old granddaughter, Alicia. We first went to her dance class to watch the students perform for their family members traditional flamenco and classical dancing. This girl is seriously going to be famous one day for her dancing; she is absolutely incredible. My roommate and I were so proud, totally playing the big sister roles by taking tons of pictures of her and embarrassing her in front of all of her friends. The three of us that night also had a "noche de chicas" (girl's night), piling on my bed and watching her favorite movie (in spanish, but of course) while having some homemade "palomitas" (kettle corn made by our señora) and hot chocolate. She had so much fun, even though it was probably too much party for her because she fell asleep during the movie...she couldn't quite keep up with the older girls. ;)

We were so proud of her!


These are some of the moments I shall miss the most because they are irreplaceable, every day things that are what truly make up my time in this beautiful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment