Thursday, May 9, 2013

So what's next?!

For those of you confused as to why I am not on a plane headed towards the U.S. with all the other program students right now, even though I have officially finished my finals....here you go! Today, I did indeed finish my junior of college (say whaa?!) with my last final. It feels wonderful. But also a little weird because everyone in my program is actually leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to catch a flight home to the U.S. of A. Tonight we also had our last family dinner with my roommate here and so it is definitely hard to see her go.
I on the other hand will be staying in lovely Sevilla for another 9 days with my sister's friend that I have had the privilege of befriending this semester as well. So I am very grateful for a little more time to transition out of school, soak up my last moments in this city, and say my final goodbye. After that, I head to Madrid for 2 days to meet up with my friend, Jodi who has been studying abroad this semester in Senegal, Africa. From Madrid, we fly to London for 4 days to stay with Jodi's family friends, then to Ireland for another week where we will be staying with my family relatives on my mom's side. We shall finish our backpacking adventure with a week in Sweden to stay with even more of my family on my dad's side.
I am so very excited to be able to connect with family that I have never met, see where all of my grandparents grew up, and connect with my Irish/Swedish roots. This is an amazing opportunity that I have always dreamed of having and now, here it is! Here's to adventure, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment