Sunday, February 17, 2013

Adventure is out there!

I have just about finished my first round of exams....just one to go this coming Wednesday! I know what you're all thinking, the school part had to come sometime, right? And it did at last, as I really don't know what to expect as far as my grades go on these tests...I didn't feel amazing about them but hopefully I will just know more of what to expect on the next round of exams. It's insane to think I am going to school everyday and doing nothing but Spanish! Spanish grammar, Spanish art history, a literature class on Don Quijote, and a class on the three cultures of Spain...my mind is spinning with español. Es la vida en Sevilla... :)
To celebrate the end of a crazy week of studying, 6 of us girls from my school went to a Sevilla fútbol game on Friday night. It was incredible! As the entire stadium sang the anthem, "Sevilla, Sevilla, Sevilla!"(click on "anthem" and you will be singing along with me...it is quite the catchy song!) we couldn't help but feel proud of our new city, especially as they lead us to a 3-1 victory! Spaniards are ALL about their fútbol, and it was amazing to sport our new Sevilla jerseys and take part in such a fun part of their culture.
Vamos Sevilla!!!


Goal!!


As for the week ahead, to Toledo we go! Our program is taking us on an overnight field trip to Toledo starting thursday morning at 6am! Ayy, ayy, ayy...now that, is early. From there, I am planning on going to Barcelona for the weekend with two friends as we plan on taking in the city in a crazy 24 hour turn around basically. We'll get into Barcelona quite late on Friday night and have a flight back to Sevilla on Sunday morning at once again, 6 am. It shall be quite the whirlwind of a weekend, followed by a 3 day week of school and then....PARIS for the 4 day weekend with my friend, Carly who is actually studying abroad in Cádiz-about an hour and a half from me!! I cannot believe I finally get to see the city I have been dying to see for so long!
Adventure is out there, folks and I can't wait to keep running after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment